Saturday, December 31, 2011

A regular sleep schedule? Pff.

I don't really know what happened with the last week or so of my life. I seem to recall getting a Sony Cybershot for Christmas and taking lots of pointless pictures of food, a dirigible shark, fits of obsessive painting, and playing lots of Fire Emblem and Minish Cap. Anybody who knows me knows that I have an extremely sporadic sleep schedule, and I will usually be awake at 3AM doing something artistic.
This is my most recent finished thing. It's really more of an excuse to monkey around with creating textures and screwing around with color balance in photoshop, and I think I spent a little too much time on this portrait to simply call it a sketch. It always amazes me how people can create photorealistic portraits with traditional media, especially pencil, and I was going for a similar feel with this. I have a number of female characters/muses that buzz around in my brain and play important roles in the stories I have yet to share, and Quill is one of the oldest and most important. This portrait isn't very indicative of her personality at all, which I find kind of annoying, but I was feeling a bit emotional, so nyeh.
Razell doodles I clipped together and posted to Deviant Art a few days ago. I have seriously bad handwriting, but don't worry about trying to read the speech bubbles, because they aren't important. I am super proud of that cobra, though. I find animals hard as hell to draw, and snakes in particular are difficult to convey with a believable sense of form. I think it's in the scale patterns. However, if it's one thing I love, it's doing research, so I spent about an hour looking for photos on the internet so I could scribble out a tiny cobra in my sketchbook. Whatever, SUCCESS. It's a decent looking snake and I am proud of it. So there.

Just like that, it is now 5:15 in the damn morning, so I should prooooobably attempt to sleep before I get on with another project or another episode of Jem and The Holograms.

No comments:

Post a Comment