Thursday, December 15, 2011

Are you sick of me yet?

No? Fantastic. Yes? Also fantastic. So it turns out my order that came in today came from Deleter, instead of the one I was expecting with my white ink. So my materials post will have to wait a few more days, I think. This may or may not mean I'll plan it and actually come up with something that is informative and reads well instead of "HEY LOOK AT THIS OO ISN'T IT NEAT HERE LET ME SHOW YOU MORE NEAT STUFF OOO".

I have very little else going on in my life right now, so I basically live and breathe at my drafting table. I'm a bit compulsive when it comes to tasks, work-related or otherwise, so I tend to get locked in and kind of obsessive, which explains the crazy amount of work I'm churning out these days. I took a break from writing and drafting stuff to reread some Elfquest, which I do a few times a year. Elfquest is the series that basically started me on the path of art and I will always treasure it. I occasionally do fanart for Elfquest, but nothing has really been worth sharing. I rather like these little ATC things though. They are small and cute and easily carried around in a photo album to show to people! The image above consists of three ATC sized cards with (left to right) Nightfall, Leetah, and Moonshade. I spent most of my time on Leetah, but significantlt more effort on Moonshade because I found her harder to draw. She has a more squarish type face and her eyes seem to be large even for an elf, so striking a balance is a little trickier. Although that may also be because I tend to draw more oval faces by default.

Anyway, I have to get back to feverish scribbling and not sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment