Saturday, November 26, 2011

A shot from my drafting table.





Fuck, it's been a rough week. I've been such a wreck lately, but I'm trying to get back on the horse and push through. I don't have a lot of terribly interesting things to show for, partially because I've been writing and thumbnailing for some rather smutty comics in between episodes of distress.

I will probably only finish the portrait of Gabriel. As my oldest and most critical muse, he demands a special kind of attention. I finally managed to get a quality white ink! Kinokuniya is carrying Deleter 1 and 2 White inks now, which are probably better than the Holbein stuff I was using forever and ever. A single pot of the Holbein ink saw me through probably two and a half years of heavy use, so I do still stand by it, but I am enjoying my Deleter White #2. Do not waste money on Higgins white ink, for it is thin and not very versatile, in my experience.

I think I might do a separate post with all my projects in progress, but that depends solely upon whether or not my rather scatterbrained sense of direction will allow for it. I have to work my ass off for all the conventions I'll be at next year, so I am trying to make a more varied and interesting body of work.

Sometimes I feel like I spend a lot of time talking to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment