Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Firefly Page 1

This is the first page of a little interlude I'm working on, both as a way to get better at toning shit in photoshop, and as a way of jumping into comics again. There are a lot of things I'm not particularly happy with on this page, but I'll just leave it as it is for now.

I did learn some stuff in the process though, about how to create your own tones in photoshop, which is nice because I don't like to use brushes made by other people, unless they're really excellent ones that I wouldn't be able to make myself. =w=

I started with pencil and pen lines on comic manuscript paper, then scanned it in for some photoshop loving. After locking down the lines and setting the layer to multiply, I kind of flew at it by the seat of my pants, as I tend to do with most things. It makes for a lot of mistakes and frustration, but it was a good learning experience, and I am sure that my pages following this one will be a lot better. :D

1 comment: