Saturday, March 24, 2012

Octopus, Octopi.

Plurals. PFF. I am such a damn scatterbrain lately, it's a wonder I can get anything done without combusting. The sun is finally starting to show up with something resembling consistency, and I'm starting to feel a little less like I suck at existing. It's either Seasonal Anxiety Disorder, or I'm back to having a critical deficiency in vitamin D again.

No, I'm not exaggerating. This actually happened. I had to take superhuman amounts of it just to get out of the red.

ANYWAY. I made some arts. I'm probably overdue for a sketchdump, but I have a lot of badly drawn wangs to navigate around so that will have to wait until I'm not drawing/playing Portal/grinding in Pokémon.





Yeah. Sorry, Razell, but you came out of my brain, so you're pretty much obligated to dabble in skanky drag costumes when I'm feeling exceptionally hilarious. Or really, just because drag queens are one of my primary sources of inspiration. Also, because I apparently don't care about consistency or beginning my sentences with grammar that isn't stupid, I totally forgot to draw his horns. :/ Like my older picture of Privilege, this picture was drawn in my sketchbook, which has incredibly uncooperative paper. I always seem to forget that when I start drawing, and when I progress into the coloring stage, I end up screaming at the image in desperate hope that the heavens will burst open and magically transform my stupid moleskin paper into godly bristol.
The green texture in the background was lovingly devised a month before with walnut ink and boredom. Scan it, free transform+shift to scale, and adjust the hue in photoshop, and BAM. Instant background.
Avarice! I had a thought that I wanted a picture that was primarily line-oriented, but I got restless after hours of lining and some painstaking pointillist pissery, and got out my inks. I'm...okay with how it turned out. I need to start paying more attention to the balance and composition in my pictures. Her tentacles look alright though. I still have some time before Sakuracon, so I'm trying to get out some new and exciting artwork, and I think she'll adapt well to bookmarks too!





I painted my new headphones! :D Sensing a bit of a theme here? In the past couple of months, I have created a lot of octopus-inspired junk, and once I get my mug back, I'm going to take some pictures of it with some of my bitty sculptures.

Now that we're sufficiently caught up with the stuff I'm working on, I should probably try and sleep now. I'm going to embark on a mask-making project soon, so I'll take lots of pictures of the process!

No comments:

Post a Comment